This post is about 'little' things that annoy me, so as random as it may seem, this photo really fits the bill; both 'little' things and Lego man is really 'annoyed'. Anyway, on to the post...
Previously I made a list of my 'Happy Things', but I am no Saint and I do have a list of things that annoy me too; we all do, don't we? Some of the things that annoy me most are those little things that don't really matter, but for some reason make my blood boil.
I'm generally, quite patient, no really I am! I didn't used to be and believe me when I say, that had I written this list back in my twenties or even thirties it would have been very long indeed. I have mellowed somewhat in my forties, which is a good thing. Once again I digress. Anyway, I am happy to stand in a queue, or drive up a long country lane behind a tractor. I don't mind listening to someone telling me the exact same thing for the umpteenth time in twenty minutes. I can tolerate grumpy people for quite a sustained period, handy when you're parenting two girls, but I am human and I can't tolerate everything, sorry.
So here is my list of 'Little Things that Annoy me':
- Drivers who refuse to use their indicators. Am I supposed to read your mind? Surely indicators on a prestige car should work?
- Drivers who pull out in front of me. This happened a lot last week. I know my car is only little but it is bright blue and at this time of year, my lights are invariably on, so how did you not see me?
- Supermarkets. Really, who has time to browse in a supermarket? Is it not just a necessary evil that we have to endure, and yet I always seem to be stuck behind the person who stops mid aisle without warning, to then slowly browse the section I need to get to because I know what I need and I want to get out NOW! And please, don't get me started on the checkout; the self service tills just wind me up beyond belief with their 'Unidentified Item in bagging area.' No, I have just jolly well scanned said item!
- Shopping Centres, but only at busy times of the week or year.
- People who use Facebook to brag, unashamedly about their children's achievements. I'm delighted for you, but do you really need to plaster it all over Facebook? Be proud quietly, please.
- People who play games. We all know at least one person, who makes all the right noises, but will happily stab you in the back to gain more ground in their popularity game. I don't get this, it just seems like the biggest waste of time and energy. Be open and honest and you'll find game playing becomes redundant.
- Cold callers who refuse to take 'no' for an answer. For the one thousandth time, I am not confirming any details for you, you called me, I've no idea who you are!
Now although I've got cold callers on the list, I have to confess, there is one call that I really rather enjoy. Yes, you've guessed it, Madam you have had a car accident. Ah such fun can be had with this one. I always like to tell them how concerned I am that my children may have been driving my car, but am keen to use one, I heard on TV last week where the lady told them, yes I have and it was fatal I was killed! Please do let me know if you have any other gems I could use.
So there endeth my list of 'Little Things that Annoy Me'. What annoys you? Let me know in the comments section, I will be sure to read them all and reply :-)